Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
Tue July 10, 2012
State Auditors Finds Errors at Carlisle Sheriff's Office
Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen has found poor financial reporting practices at the Carlisle County Sheriff’s office in the department’s most recent audit.
Edelen says the 2010 financial statement shows 58-hundred dollars in disallowed expenditures, along with misstatements in the fourth quarter report and annual excess fee settlement. Edelen says former Sheriff Steve McChristian should have kept a better record of daily receipts and records. The auditor reports the errors were partly due to too many tasks put on too few people. The state auditor’s office also released 2010 financial reports on Lyon and Henderson county sheriff’s offices. Auditors found no errors in Lyon counties books, and suggested Henderson’s office better delegate overtime and comp time.