Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 10, 2012
State Auditors Finds Errors at Carlisle Sheriff's Office
Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen has found poor financial reporting practices at the Carlisle County Sheriff’s office in the department’s most recent audit.
Edelen says the 2010 financial statement shows 58-hundred dollars in disallowed expenditures, along with misstatements in the fourth quarter report and annual excess fee settlement. Edelen says former Sheriff Steve McChristian should have kept a better record of daily receipts and records. The auditor reports the errors were partly due to too many tasks put on too few people. The state auditor’s office also released 2010 financial reports on Lyon and Henderson county sheriff’s offices. Auditors found no errors in Lyon counties books, and suggested Henderson’s office better delegate overtime and comp time.