Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 10, 2012
State Auditors Finds Errors at Carlisle Sheriff's Office
Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen has found poor financial reporting practices at the Carlisle County Sheriff’s office in the department’s most recent audit.
Edelen says the 2010 financial statement shows 58-hundred dollars in disallowed expenditures, along with misstatements in the fourth quarter report and annual excess fee settlement. Edelen says former Sheriff Steve McChristian should have kept a better record of daily receipts and records. The auditor reports the errors were partly due to too many tasks put on too few people. The state auditor’s office also released 2010 financial reports on Lyon and Henderson county sheriff’s offices. Auditors found no errors in Lyon counties books, and suggested Henderson’s office better delegate overtime and comp time.