Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu February 21, 2013
State Auditor to Review Kentucky Cybersecurity
Kentucky Auditor Adam Edelen is promising a closer review of cybersecurity within state government agencies. Edelen says he is concerned about dozens of findings in a yearly audit related to security breaches, including the accidental posting of the Social Security numbers of more than 100 current and former state employees on a publicly accessible website last April.
Edelen says state agencies maintain sensitive information about taxpayers and state employees that needs protection from hackers and that auditors found the potential for unauthorized access to state employees' banking information and health insurance data. He says the annual review showed the potential for unauthorized access to some state computers by people outside government.