Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu February 21, 2013
State Auditor to Review Kentucky Cybersecurity
Kentucky Auditor Adam Edelen is promising a closer review of cybersecurity within state government agencies. Edelen says he is concerned about dozens of findings in a yearly audit related to security breaches, including the accidental posting of the Social Security numbers of more than 100 current and former state employees on a publicly accessible website last April.
Edelen says state agencies maintain sensitive information about taxpayers and state employees that needs protection from hackers and that auditors found the potential for unauthorized access to state employees' banking information and health insurance data. He says the annual review showed the potential for unauthorized access to some state computers by people outside government.