Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 1, 2014
SpringTini: A Martini Sampling Fundraiser for Heartland CARES
Stroll through martini stations in Paducah's Market House Square in the 3rd Annual SpringTini fundraising event hosted by Heartland CARES, Inc. It's an evening under the stars with all proceeds benefiting patient care and services at Heartland Cares, Inc. a non-profit organization providing comprehensive, client-centered, healthcare, support services, prevention education, and HIV testing. Kate Lochte speaks with Executive Director Andrew Halford about the event on Sounds Good.
"We serve all of the counties in the Purchase area, and in the Pennyrile area--many in the Pennyrile area of Western Kentucky--and then we serve the southernmost counties of Southern Illinois, from Mount Vernon, south... We're probably one of the few clinics where our infectious disease doctors are willing to become primary care doctors for our patients who do not have a primary care doctor outside of Heartland Cares."