Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 28, 2013
Sports Psychology Addresses Performance Issues in High Profile Athletes
Next week, our region has the opportunity to hear the Head of Sport Psychology of the U.S. Olympic Committee. Next Wednesday, April 3, Sean McCann speaks at 7 p.m. in Murray State’s Wrather Auditorium for “The Dr. and Mrs. Gary and Sharon Brummer Colloquium Series in Psychology.” Dr. McCann’s presentation is titled “Performing Under Pressure: Learning how to execute when it matters most."
Dr. Sean McCann is the Head of Sport Psychology of the U.S. Olympic Committee. He would speak to us on the condition that we not talk about any one athlete or games specifically.
McCann speaks on “Performing Under Pressure” at 7 p.m. next Wednesday, April 3, in Wrather Auditorium for the “The Dr. and Mrs. Gary and Sharon Brummer Colloquium Series in Psychology.”
The presentation is free and open to all.