Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed April 11, 2012
Sponsor takes Tennessee Campaign Finance Bill off Notice
A bill seeking to lift a cap on contributions from political action committees in Tennessee has been withdrawn in the state House. The bill sponsored by Republican Representative Glen Casada was taken off notice in the House State and Local Government Committee Tuesday without explanation. State law limits legislative candidates to accepting no more than $107,200 per primary or general election. Gubernatorial candidates can accept no more than 50% of their campaign funds from PACs. Casada's bill also sought to do away with a prohibition on political giving from insurance companies. A more limited version passed the Senate on an 18-11 vote last month.