Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon October 14, 2013
Special Election Set for Dec. 10 to Replace Arnold
Gov. Steve Beshear has set a special election for Dec. 10 to replace former Democratic state Rep. John Arnold of Sturgis.
Arnold resigned last month after being accused of sexual harassment. Legislative Research Commission staffers Yolanda Costner and Cassaundra Cooper allege Arnold touched them inappropriately and made vulgar comments.
Arnold said in his resignation letter that he had been "destroyed politically" and could no longer be an effective voice for his constituents.
Arnold had served in the House’s 7th district since 1995.