Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon October 14, 2013
Special Election Set for Dec. 10 to Replace Arnold
Gov. Steve Beshear has set a special election for Dec. 10 to replace former Democratic state Rep. John Arnold of Sturgis.
Arnold resigned last month after being accused of sexual harassment. Legislative Research Commission staffers Yolanda Costner and Cassaundra Cooper allege Arnold touched them inappropriately and made vulgar comments.
Arnold said in his resignation letter that he had been "destroyed politically" and could no longer be an effective voice for his constituents.
Arnold had served in the House’s 7th district since 1995.