Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon October 14, 2013
Special Election Set for Dec. 10 to Replace Arnold
Gov. Steve Beshear has set a special election for Dec. 10 to replace former Democratic state Rep. John Arnold of Sturgis.
Arnold resigned last month after being accused of sexual harassment. Legislative Research Commission staffers Yolanda Costner and Cassaundra Cooper allege Arnold touched them inappropriately and made vulgar comments.
Arnold said in his resignation letter that he had been "destroyed politically" and could no longer be an effective voice for his constituents.
Arnold had served in the House’s 7th district since 1995.