Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 14, 2013
Special Election Set for Dec. 10 to Replace Arnold
Gov. Steve Beshear has set a special election for Dec. 10 to replace former Democratic state Rep. John Arnold of Sturgis.
Arnold resigned last month after being accused of sexual harassment. Legislative Research Commission staffers Yolanda Costner and Cassaundra Cooper allege Arnold touched them inappropriately and made vulgar comments.
Arnold said in his resignation letter that he had been "destroyed politically" and could no longer be an effective voice for his constituents.
Arnold had served in the House’s 7th district since 1995.