Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Thu April 24, 2014
Speaker's Corner: Richard Harwood Talks "Reclaiming Main Street Campaign"
Rich Harwood, the founder and president of the Harwood Institute for Public Innovation, spoke at Murray State University's Wrather Auditorium Tuesday for the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce's Business Breakfast event.
The Harwood Institute is a nonprofit group facilitating community discussions, like the one he participated in with the community of Newtown, Connecticut deliberating on what should be done with the school after the shooting of children at Sandy Hook Elementary.
He's also the author of a number of books, including "The Work of Hope: How Individuals and Organizations Can Authentically Do Good." What was to have been a book tour grew into his "Reclaiming Main Street Campaign," with a goal of growing more public innovators across the nation. His stop in Murray is part of a cross-country tour promoting that campaign.