Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Thu February 6, 2014
Speaker's Corner: Holly Bloodworth, 2014's Teacher of the Year
27-year teaching veteran and 2014's Kentucky Teacher of the Year Holly Bloodworth spoke to members of the public and faculty at Murray State University's Freed Curd Auditorium.
Bloodworth spoke about the inspiration that begin her career in public education, how the lessons learned from her students changed her life, and her journey towards Teacher of the Year.
Bloodworth has taught 3rd-grade students at Murray Elementary School in the Murray Independent school district for 13 years and earned her bachelor's and master's degrees at Murray State University.
Bloodworth also serves on the TALK Conference Planning Team and participated in the ECET 2 Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Teacher Think Tank. She also served on the governor-appointed School Curriculum, Assessment and Accountability Council (SCAAC). Bloodworth began the First District Mentoring Cohort for national board certification candidates and has served as the Kentucky Education Association (KEA) Student Program mentor. She also is past president of the Murray Education Association and president-elect of the First District KEA.