Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 11, 2009
Southwest KY Officials Want Regional Commission
Hopkinsville, KY – Officials in a trio of southwestern Kentucky counties want a regional economic development commission in hopes of adding more clout to their business recruiting efforts. Todd, Trigg and Christian counties are pushing for the commission in hopes of making the area more marketable to incoming industries and state grant holders. Hopkinsville-Christian County Economic Development Commission chairman Eston Glover says a Tennessee Valley Authority study indicated that Todd, Trigg and Christian counties would make a good team. In order for the concept to come to fruition, city and state officials in all three counties must agree on the tri-county partnership.