Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
-Health & Lifestyle - WKMS
Wed February 8, 2012
Southern Illinois Lung Cancer Study
A two-year study will look for the reason the treatment of lung cancer is lagging in southern Illinois. Previous research has shown that death rates due to and cases of lung cancer are higher in southern Illinois than in other parts of the state. The Illinois division of the American Cancer Society is funding the project. Collaborating on the project are the SIU School of Medicine in Springfield, Southern Illinois Healthcare Cancer Institute in Carbondale and the Illinois State Cancer Registry. The 16 southernmost counties in Illinois will be included.