Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
-Health & Lifestyle - WKMS
Wed February 8, 2012
Southern Illinois Lung Cancer Study
A two-year study will look for the reason the treatment of lung cancer is lagging in southern Illinois. Previous research has shown that death rates due to and cases of lung cancer are higher in southern Illinois than in other parts of the state. The Illinois division of the American Cancer Society is funding the project. Collaborating on the project are the SIU School of Medicine in Springfield, Southern Illinois Healthcare Cancer Institute in Carbondale and the Illinois State Cancer Registry. The 16 southernmost counties in Illinois will be included.