Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
-Health & Lifestyle - WKMS
Wed February 8, 2012
Southern Illinois Lung Cancer Study
A two-year study will look for the reason the treatment of lung cancer is lagging in southern Illinois. Previous research has shown that death rates due to and cases of lung cancer are higher in southern Illinois than in other parts of the state. The Illinois division of the American Cancer Society is funding the project. Collaborating on the project are the SIU School of Medicine in Springfield, Southern Illinois Healthcare Cancer Institute in Carbondale and the Illinois State Cancer Registry. The 16 southernmost counties in Illinois will be included.