Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri July 24, 2009
Some Kentuckians to Get Relief from Countrywide
Frankfort, KY – Some Kentucky consumers who had home loans with Countrywide Mortgage can begin making claims for a financial settlement that resolved allegations of predatory lending practices against the company. Countrywide established a nationwide fund of $150 million to provide loan modifications to assist up to 395,000 borrowers.
Attorney General Jack Conway says affected borrowers will be eligible for an average of around $1,500. Only Countrywide Mortgage borrowers whose homes were foreclosed within 12 months could qualify for the money. Conway said people eligible should receive claims forms in the mail this week.