Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Honeywell Inspecting Equipment Damage
Fri May 11, 2012
Some Honeywell Employees Back After Plant Closure
A Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspector is at the Metropolis Honeywell plant observing the inspection of the facility. Honeywell management ordered the plant vacated yesterday after they discovered damage in a production area.
A spokesman for the local United Steelworkers Union says managers were investigating claims of sabotage when workers were asked to leave. Honeywell spokesman Peter Dalpe says about 190 salaried employees and contractors will help in the inspections. None of the facility’s 168 union workers will be involved.
A memo issued by plant manager Larry Smith says the company doesn't have a timetable yet for returning to normal operations.