Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 18, 2008
Soldier's Wife Charged for House Fire Deaths
By Carrie Pond
Ft. Campbell, KY – A federal grand jury has charged a Fort Campbell soldier's wife with setting fire to an on-base house that killed her two children. The U-S Attorney's Office in Kentucky announced Tuesday that Billi Jo Smallwood has been charged with maliciously setting fire to her home in March 2007. Smallwood's two children, 9-year-old Sam Fagan and 2-year-old Rebekah Smallwood, were killed in the fire and her husband, Army Specialist Wayne Smallwood, was injured. Smallwood could face death or life imprisonment if convicted. A spokeswoman for the attorney's office says Smallwood does not have an attorney and she is currently in federal custody.