Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue January 17, 2012
Soldiers Return Home to Fort Campbell
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – 200 Fort Campbell soldiers came home to an outpouring of cheers as they returned from their mission in Afghanistan. The soldiers of the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade "Task Force Thunder" arrived at Campbell Army Airfield on Sunday. The event marks the first return of troops from the 101st Airborne Division's last remaining major unit in Afghanistan. As the soldiers formed outside the hangar, many laid down their weapons and picked up yellow roses from a container. When it came time to march in their welcome home ceremony, the soldiers marched in with flowers in hand, giving them to loved ones as they broke ranks.