Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 17, 2012
Soldiers Return Home to Fort Campbell
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – 200 Fort Campbell soldiers came home to an outpouring of cheers as they returned from their mission in Afghanistan. The soldiers of the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade "Task Force Thunder" arrived at Campbell Army Airfield on Sunday. The event marks the first return of troops from the 101st Airborne Division's last remaining major unit in Afghanistan. As the soldiers formed outside the hangar, many laid down their weapons and picked up yellow roses from a container. When it came time to march in their welcome home ceremony, the soldiers marched in with flowers in hand, giving them to loved ones as they broke ranks.