Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue January 17, 2012
Soldiers Return Home to Fort Campbell
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – 200 Fort Campbell soldiers came home to an outpouring of cheers as they returned from their mission in Afghanistan. The soldiers of the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade "Task Force Thunder" arrived at Campbell Army Airfield on Sunday. The event marks the first return of troops from the 101st Airborne Division's last remaining major unit in Afghanistan. As the soldiers formed outside the hangar, many laid down their weapons and picked up yellow roses from a container. When it came time to march in their welcome home ceremony, the soldiers marched in with flowers in hand, giving them to loved ones as they broke ranks.