Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue January 17, 2012
Soldiers Return Home to Fort Campbell
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – 200 Fort Campbell soldiers came home to an outpouring of cheers as they returned from their mission in Afghanistan. The soldiers of the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade "Task Force Thunder" arrived at Campbell Army Airfield on Sunday. The event marks the first return of troops from the 101st Airborne Division's last remaining major unit in Afghanistan. As the soldiers formed outside the hangar, many laid down their weapons and picked up yellow roses from a container. When it came time to march in their welcome home ceremony, the soldiers marched in with flowers in hand, giving them to loved ones as they broke ranks.