Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue December 30, 2008
Soldier Dies in Afghanistan
By Angela Hatton
Paktika, Afghanistan – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear today recognized the sacrifice of a Fort Campbell soldier who died last week in Afghanistan. Corporal Charles Gaffney Jr. of Phoenix, Arizona died when his combat post received enemy rocket fire. The Governor will order flags to half-staff on the day of Gaffney's funeral. Arrangements are pending.