Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 23, 2009
Slots Dead, Beshear Speaks
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Gov. Beshear says he just dropped by to thank House Democrats for their hard work during the special session. But he says the session's not over yet. Three issues are still pending.
"Number one, we need to balance this budget. Secondly, we need to pass the economic incentives legislation and thirdly, we need to pass the bridges legislation."
On defeat of the slots bill, Beshear says he's still weighing his options.
"Where we go from here, we'll wait until this session is over with and sit down and talk to a lot of folks about what our options may be."
Beshear says a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling is one option, but whether it's a viable option, Beshear replied, "I don't know yet."