Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue June 23, 2009
Slots Dead, Beshear Speaks
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Gov. Beshear says he just dropped by to thank House Democrats for their hard work during the special session. But he says the session's not over yet. Three issues are still pending.
"Number one, we need to balance this budget. Secondly, we need to pass the economic incentives legislation and thirdly, we need to pass the bridges legislation."
On defeat of the slots bill, Beshear says he's still weighing his options.
"Where we go from here, we'll wait until this session is over with and sit down and talk to a lot of folks about what our options may be."
Beshear says a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling is one option, but whether it's a viable option, Beshear replied, "I don't know yet."