Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 8, 2009
Slaton Plans to File for Ballard's Seat
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville veterinarian plans to run for the House seat held by Representative Eddie Ballard, who says he will not run again. Monroe Slaton tells the Madisonville Messenger he plans to file on the democratic ticket. Slaton marks his political record with twelve years on the Hopkins County School Board. This is his first run for state office. Madisonville Magistrate Mike Duncan is also considering a democratic bid. Duncan plans to announce his decision next week. Ben Waide of Madisonville is the only candidate on the Republican side.