Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 8, 2009
Slaton Plans to File for Ballard's Seat
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville veterinarian plans to run for the House seat held by Representative Eddie Ballard, who says he will not run again. Monroe Slaton tells the Madisonville Messenger he plans to file on the democratic ticket. Slaton marks his political record with twelve years on the Hopkins County School Board. This is his first run for state office. Madisonville Magistrate Mike Duncan is also considering a democratic bid. Duncan plans to announce his decision next week. Ben Waide of Madisonville is the only candidate on the Republican side.