Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue December 8, 2009
Slaton Plans to File for Ballard's Seat
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville veterinarian plans to run for the House seat held by Representative Eddie Ballard, who says he will not run again. Monroe Slaton tells the Madisonville Messenger he plans to file on the democratic ticket. Slaton marks his political record with twelve years on the Hopkins County School Board. This is his first run for state office. Madisonville Magistrate Mike Duncan is also considering a democratic bid. Duncan plans to announce his decision next week. Ben Waide of Madisonville is the only candidate on the Republican side.