Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed May 16, 2012
SkyWest Staying in Paducah for Two More Years
Regional jet service provider SkyWest extended their contract for Chicago jet service with Barkley Regional Airport for another two years.
Airport spokeswoman Jackie Jones says the contract is made possible by the Essential Air Service subsidy from the Department of Transportation. The subsidy pays for about $43 of each passenger’s ticket on the flights to make the service more affordable. The service started in 2010 and is the only jet air connection to an international airport in the region.