Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed May 16, 2012
SkyWest Staying in Paducah for Two More Years
Regional jet service provider SkyWest extended their contract for Chicago jet service with Barkley Regional Airport for another two years.
Airport spokeswoman Jackie Jones says the contract is made possible by the Essential Air Service subsidy from the Department of Transportation. The subsidy pays for about $43 of each passenger’s ticket on the flights to make the service more affordable. The service started in 2010 and is the only jet air connection to an international airport in the region.