Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 16, 2012
SkyWest Staying in Paducah for Two More Years
Regional jet service provider SkyWest extended their contract for Chicago jet service with Barkley Regional Airport for another two years.
Airport spokeswoman Jackie Jones says the contract is made possible by the Essential Air Service subsidy from the Department of Transportation. The subsidy pays for about $43 of each passenger’s ticket on the flights to make the service more affordable. The service started in 2010 and is the only jet air connection to an international airport in the region.