Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed May 16, 2012
SkyWest Staying in Paducah for Two More Years
Regional jet service provider SkyWest extended their contract for Chicago jet service with Barkley Regional Airport for another two years.
Airport spokeswoman Jackie Jones says the contract is made possible by the Essential Air Service subsidy from the Department of Transportation. The subsidy pays for about $43 of each passenger’s ticket on the flights to make the service more affordable. The service started in 2010 and is the only jet air connection to an international airport in the region.