Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri August 17, 2012
Six County-Wide Burn Bans Left in W. Ky.
Six county-wide burn bans remain in western Kentucky after Marshall and McCracken county officials lifted their bans today. The river counties of Ballard, Hickman, Fulton and Carlisle still have burn ban notices in effect. Christian and Graves counties also have burn bans.
Rain this week brought enough moisture for many county judge-executives to feel comfortable lifting their burn orders. The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies through the weekend.