Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri August 17, 2012
Six County-Wide Burn Bans Left in W. Ky.
Six county-wide burn bans remain in western Kentucky after Marshall and McCracken county officials lifted their bans today. The river counties of Ballard, Hickman, Fulton and Carlisle still have burn ban notices in effect. Christian and Graves counties also have burn bans.
Rain this week brought enough moisture for many county judge-executives to feel comfortable lifting their burn orders. The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies through the weekend.