Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed May 23, 2012
SIUC Coal Research Center Interim Head Takes Permanent Position
The interim director of the Southern Illinois University Carbondale Coal Research Center is now taking on the job permanently.
Tomasz Wiltowski has been leading the center since September after the retirement of longtime leader John Mead. The native of Poland sees a bright future for coal. Wiltowski says there is no other choice since best estimations show renewable fuel providing only about 25% of the country’s energy needs. He adds through excellent work and collaborations with other coal research institutions, the SIU-C center can enhance its reputations as a global leader in the industry.