Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 23, 2012
SIUC Coal Research Center Interim Head Takes Permanent Position
The interim director of the Southern Illinois University Carbondale Coal Research Center is now taking on the job permanently.
Tomasz Wiltowski has been leading the center since September after the retirement of longtime leader John Mead. The native of Poland sees a bright future for coal. Wiltowski says there is no other choice since best estimations show renewable fuel providing only about 25% of the country’s energy needs. He adds through excellent work and collaborations with other coal research institutions, the SIU-C center can enhance its reputations as a global leader in the industry.