Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue November 17, 2009
SIU President Names Choice for Chancellor
By Angela Hatton
Carbondale, IL – The president of Southern Illinois University has announced his choice for the next chancellor at the university's Carbondale campus. President Glenn Poshard has selected University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee provost and vice chancellor Rita Cheng. Poshard picked Cheng over University of Nebraska-Lincoln senior vice chancellor for academic affairs Barbara Couture. Cheng has served at UWM since May 2005. Poshard will present his recommendation to the SIU board on December 10. The new chancellor will begin her Carbondale duties next summer and succeed former university trustee Samuel Goldman, who's been serving in the interim since spring 2008.