Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 17, 2009
SIU President Names Choice for Chancellor
By Angela Hatton
Carbondale, IL – The president of Southern Illinois University has announced his choice for the next chancellor at the university's Carbondale campus. President Glenn Poshard has selected University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee provost and vice chancellor Rita Cheng. Poshard picked Cheng over University of Nebraska-Lincoln senior vice chancellor for academic affairs Barbara Couture. Cheng has served at UWM since May 2005. Poshard will present his recommendation to the SIU board on December 10. The new chancellor will begin her Carbondale duties next summer and succeed former university trustee Samuel Goldman, who's been serving in the interim since spring 2008.