Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue February 2, 2010
SIU Carbondale reports low numbers
By Rebecca Feldhaus/AP
Carbondale, IL – Spring enrollment numbers are down again at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. The total number of students at the university's flagship campus stands at a little over 19-thousand. That's a decrease of 255 students over this time last year. That's a 1.3 percent drop. SIU's Graduate School saw a slight increase in its enrollment, up 34 students over a year ago. And international student enrollment is up 4.2 percent. Chancellor Sam Goldman and other administrators say the trend of losing juniors and seniors continues, while strong and steady numbers are holding in the freshman and sophomore classes.