Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue May 29, 2012
Site Celebrates Jefferson Davis' Birthday
The Jefferson Davis State Historic Site in Fairview is marking the sesquicentennial of the Civil War with a commemoration of the Confederate president’s 204th birthday this weekend.
The historic site is a memorial to his birthplace. Davis was also a graduate of West Point, congressman and secretary of war. The park will have two battle re-enactments, food, re-enactors representing Civil War figures, a pageant, a flag display and a program on the generals of the Civil War. Events are free except for tours of the monument and museum, which cost $5 for adults with discounts for seniors, military and children.