Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue May 29, 2012
Site Celebrates Jefferson Davis' Birthday
The Jefferson Davis State Historic Site in Fairview is marking the sesquicentennial of the Civil War with a commemoration of the Confederate president’s 204th birthday this weekend.
The historic site is a memorial to his birthplace. Davis was also a graduate of West Point, congressman and secretary of war. The park will have two battle re-enactments, food, re-enactors representing Civil War figures, a pageant, a flag display and a program on the generals of the Civil War. Events are free except for tours of the monument and museum, which cost $5 for adults with discounts for seniors, military and children.