Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue January 20, 2009
Sims Appointed to TN Board of Regents Post
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee Board of Regents, which oversees state universities and colleges, has named Dale Sims to serve as interim vice chancellor for business and finance. Sims had been the state treasurer since 2003. In the appointment announced yesterday, Chancellor Charles Manning said they are excited to have someone with extensive knowledge of budgeting during a time when state funding for higher education is expected to drop 10 to 15 percent next year. The position opened last week after Bob Adams left to accept a new position in Arkansas. The 180 thousand-student Tennessee Board of Regents system includes six universities, 13 two-year colleges and 26 technology centers.