Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed August 21, 2013
Simon Urges Testimony At IL Budget Hearings
Illinois Lt. Gove. Sheila Simon is urging taxpayers to comment at public hearings about funding for state-run programs and services. The Budgeting for Results Commission will take testimony from the public today at the Illinois Department of Transportation office in Collinsville.
The public can also give its input tomorrow at the Marion regional office building. Budgeting for results is a method of funding programs and services based on how effective they've been in meeting established goals. Simon, legislators and leaders in education, business and finance make up the bi-partisan commission appointed by Gov. Pat Quinn. The group is also gathering input from service providers, advocates and those operating programs for the fiscal 2015 spending plan.