Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed August 21, 2013
Simon Urges Testimony At IL Budget Hearings
Illinois Lt. Gove. Sheila Simon is urging taxpayers to comment at public hearings about funding for state-run programs and services. The Budgeting for Results Commission will take testimony from the public today at the Illinois Department of Transportation office in Collinsville.
The public can also give its input tomorrow at the Marion regional office building. Budgeting for results is a method of funding programs and services based on how effective they've been in meeting established goals. Simon, legislators and leaders in education, business and finance make up the bi-partisan commission appointed by Gov. Pat Quinn. The group is also gathering input from service providers, advocates and those operating programs for the fiscal 2015 spending plan.