Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed August 21, 2013
Simon Urges Testimony At IL Budget Hearings
Illinois Lt. Gove. Sheila Simon is urging taxpayers to comment at public hearings about funding for state-run programs and services. The Budgeting for Results Commission will take testimony from the public today at the Illinois Department of Transportation office in Collinsville.
The public can also give its input tomorrow at the Marion regional office building. Budgeting for results is a method of funding programs and services based on how effective they've been in meeting established goals. Simon, legislators and leaders in education, business and finance make up the bi-partisan commission appointed by Gov. Pat Quinn. The group is also gathering input from service providers, advocates and those operating programs for the fiscal 2015 spending plan.