Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 21, 2013
Simon Urges Testimony At IL Budget Hearings
Illinois Lt. Gove. Sheila Simon is urging taxpayers to comment at public hearings about funding for state-run programs and services. The Budgeting for Results Commission will take testimony from the public today at the Illinois Department of Transportation office in Collinsville.
The public can also give its input tomorrow at the Marion regional office building. Budgeting for results is a method of funding programs and services based on how effective they've been in meeting established goals. Simon, legislators and leaders in education, business and finance make up the bi-partisan commission appointed by Gov. Pat Quinn. The group is also gathering input from service providers, advocates and those operating programs for the fiscal 2015 spending plan.