Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 14, 2012
Silver Trail Distiller Balentine Talks Moonshine
Spencer Balentine is owner and head distiller of Silver Trail Distillery in Marshall County. He makes old-fashioned whiskey moonshine, based on a family recipe. Balentine’s product won the 2012 SIP Award for Best Whiskey Moonshine, and his “LBL Moonshine” has recently been picked up by a national distributor.
His distillery was also added in October to the new Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour.
If Balentine's name is familiar to you, it's because his story of family moonshiners aired earlier this year for WKMS’s Preservation and Restoration series. Hear that piece by Shelly Baskin.