Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu October 11, 2012
Siegel and Wortman Talk About Fountain Avenue Revitalization
The city of Paducah received national attention for its artist relocation program that revitalized the downtown neighborhood LowerTown. Now attention has turned to renewing and preserving homes in a nearby neighborhood, Fountain Avenue. On the front lines of this project are the Midtown Alliance of Neighbors, an organization devoted to organizing volunteers, directing projects, and helping find financial assistance for homes and homeowners.
Helping to make that happen are AmeriCorps Service Members and Construction Coordinators Melissa Wortman and Virginia Siegel. They have worked with this organization for over a year, and today they joined Angela Hatton in the studio.
The public may see Fountain Avenue homes up close on October 20, with the first Fountain Avenue Area Fall Tour of Homes. Find out more about the event on Facebook.