Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu October 11, 2012
Siegel and Wortman Talk About Fountain Avenue Revitalization
The city of Paducah received national attention for its artist relocation program that revitalized the downtown neighborhood LowerTown. Now attention has turned to renewing and preserving homes in a nearby neighborhood, Fountain Avenue. On the front lines of this project are the Midtown Alliance of Neighbors, an organization devoted to organizing volunteers, directing projects, and helping find financial assistance for homes and homeowners.
Helping to make that happen are AmeriCorps Service Members and Construction Coordinators Melissa Wortman and Virginia Siegel. They have worked with this organization for over a year, and today they joined Angela Hatton in the studio.
The public may see Fountain Avenue homes up close on October 20, with the first Fountain Avenue Area Fall Tour of Homes. Find out more about the event on Facebook.