Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu October 11, 2012
Siegel and Wortman Talk About Fountain Avenue Revitalization
The city of Paducah received national attention for its artist relocation program that revitalized the downtown neighborhood LowerTown. Now attention has turned to renewing and preserving homes in a nearby neighborhood, Fountain Avenue. On the front lines of this project are the Midtown Alliance of Neighbors, an organization devoted to organizing volunteers, directing projects, and helping find financial assistance for homes and homeowners.
Helping to make that happen are AmeriCorps Service Members and Construction Coordinators Melissa Wortman and Virginia Siegel. They have worked with this organization for over a year, and today they joined Angela Hatton in the studio.
The public may see Fountain Avenue homes up close on October 20, with the first Fountain Avenue Area Fall Tour of Homes. Find out more about the event on Facebook.