Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed April 22, 2009
Sidewalk Ordinance Moves Forward
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – An ordinance that would allow liquor sales at sidewalk restaurant tables will move forward after last night's Paducah City Commission meeting. City Planning Director Steve Ervin presented the basics of the proposal to commissioners last night. He says the idea behind the ordinance is to help restaurant owners have outdoor seating and improve downtown street life. The proposed ordinance would require restaurant owners to obtain permits for the seating. Ervin says he'll be working with city officials to complete a draft in the near future.