Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed April 22, 2009
Sidewalk Ordinance Moves Forward
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – An ordinance that would allow liquor sales at sidewalk restaurant tables will move forward after last night's Paducah City Commission meeting. City Planning Director Steve Ervin presented the basics of the proposal to commissioners last night. He says the idea behind the ordinance is to help restaurant owners have outdoor seating and improve downtown street life. The proposed ordinance would require restaurant owners to obtain permits for the seating. Ervin says he'll be working with city officials to complete a draft in the near future.