Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 22, 2009
Sidewalk Ordinance Moves Forward
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – An ordinance that would allow liquor sales at sidewalk restaurant tables will move forward after last night's Paducah City Commission meeting. City Planning Director Steve Ervin presented the basics of the proposal to commissioners last night. He says the idea behind the ordinance is to help restaurant owners have outdoor seating and improve downtown street life. The proposed ordinance would require restaurant owners to obtain permits for the seating. Ervin says he'll be working with city officials to complete a draft in the near future.