Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed July 3, 2013
Short Bar Asks Tall Customer To Stay Away During Busy Hours
Originally published on Wed July 3, 2013 8:52 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. I think having a tall one at the bar is a good thing. But a bar owner in Britain disagreed. The owner of the Nutshell Pub asked a customer named Adam Thurkette if he'd mind staying away during busy hours. Adam is 6 foot 7. And the Nutshell is reportedly Britain's smallest pub, 15 feet by 7 feet. The owner says Adam just takes up too much room.
Adam wasn't even offended. He admitted his height is better suited to his work as a tree expert than as a customer in crowded bars.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.