Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 3, 2013
Short Bar Asks Tall Customer To Stay Away During Busy Hours
Originally published on Wed July 3, 2013 8:52 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. I think having a tall one at the bar is a good thing. But a bar owner in Britain disagreed. The owner of the Nutshell Pub asked a customer named Adam Thurkette if he'd mind staying away during busy hours. Adam is 6 foot 7. And the Nutshell is reportedly Britain's smallest pub, 15 feet by 7 feet. The owner says Adam just takes up too much room.
Adam wasn't even offended. He admitted his height is better suited to his work as a tree expert than as a customer in crowded bars.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.