Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed January 16, 2013
Shooting At Eastern KY Community College
Law enforcement in Eastern Kentucky say 21 year old Dalton Stidham was the sole gunman in yesterday’s shooting at Hazard Community and Technical College. Hazard police say Stidham turned himself in after he shot and killed 20 year old Caitlin Cornett and 53 year old Jackie Cornett. A minor who was injured is being treated for gunshot wounds and is listed in critical condition at a University of Kentucky hospital. Police believe the shootings were part of a domestic dispute between Stidham and Cornett.
Police believe a shooting in the parking lot of an eastern Kentucky community college that left two people dead and a juvenile wounded may have been the result of a domestic dispute.
The campus was locked down for more than an hour yesterday afternoon while police searched the two buildings of Hazard Community and Technical College in Hazard. Police say they wanted to ensure there was no further danger before allowing students to leave. Hazard Police Chief Minor Allen says a male and female were dead when police arrived about 6 o'clock Tuesday night. Police have been questioning a man about the shooting.