Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed November 18, 2009
By Chris Taylor
Shelbyville, KY – Corrections officials have relocated Penny Baird Shemwell after she allegedly took items from other inmates while she performed custodial duties at the Shelby County Detention Center. Shemwell will now be staying at the Correctional Institution for Women in Oldham County while she serves a 15-year sentence for shoplifting and felony handgun possession. The Paducah Sun reports the move comes at the request of Jailer Bobby Waits after detention staff found stolen makeup, CDs, and cigarettes in Shemwell's cell. She faces further disciplinary charges. Shemwell remains the focus of an investigation in McCracken County for the death of her husband Dr. Frank Shemwell three years ago.