Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 18, 2009
By Chris Taylor
Shelbyville, KY – Corrections officials have relocated Penny Baird Shemwell after she allegedly took items from other inmates while she performed custodial duties at the Shelby County Detention Center. Shemwell will now be staying at the Correctional Institution for Women in Oldham County while she serves a 15-year sentence for shoplifting and felony handgun possession. The Paducah Sun reports the move comes at the request of Jailer Bobby Waits after detention staff found stolen makeup, CDs, and cigarettes in Shemwell's cell. She faces further disciplinary charges. Shemwell remains the focus of an investigation in McCracken County for the death of her husband Dr. Frank Shemwell three years ago.