Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 26, 2009
Sgt. Lemuel Graham, American Soldier
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West in Hopkinsville is the first of its kind in this region. Since its dedication in March 2004, nearly five years ago, more than a thousand veterans, spouses, and dependents including 11 active duty soldiers killed in Iraq have come to a final rest at the cemetery's grounds. Jacque Day highlights the life of the first soldier buried at the military cemetery, an African American Mess Sergeant who enlisted in the US Army during segregation.