Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri September 7, 2012
Severe Weather Predicted for this Evening
The National Weather Service in Paducah predicts severe storms for the early evening. McCracken County Emergency Management Meteorologist Beau Dodson says the storms are forming in front of a cold front that should start sweeping through the area soon.
He says, “The main concern will be damaging winds or high winds… and there’s always a little chance for tornados.”
Dodson says people planning on being outside this evening should keep a close eye on the weather. He says the storms could move quickly and sustain themselves through several counties. But Dodson says there is an up-side to the storms. They’re bringing with them clear skies and temperatures in the 70s for the weekend.