Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri September 7, 2012
Severe Weather Predicted for this Evening
The National Weather Service in Paducah predicts severe storms for the early evening. McCracken County Emergency Management Meteorologist Beau Dodson says the storms are forming in front of a cold front that should start sweeping through the area soon.
He says, “The main concern will be damaging winds or high winds… and there’s always a little chance for tornados.”
Dodson says people planning on being outside this evening should keep a close eye on the weather. He says the storms could move quickly and sustain themselves through several counties. But Dodson says there is an up-side to the storms. They’re bringing with them clear skies and temperatures in the 70s for the weekend.