Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri April 10, 2009
Severe Weather Hits Lyon, Christian counties
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Destroyed mobile homes and at least two confirmed injuries are coming from preliminary damage reports from today's bought of severe weather. National Weather Service Meteorologist Robin Smith says portions of Christian county were hit particularly hard.
"We've had numerous reports of hail from the size of peas up to the size of baseballs. The very large hail was reported around the Crofton, KY area. Two inches or greater.
Smith says there were three confirmed tornadoes today, touching down in Eddyville, Crofton and Mannington. Smith says the weather should clear leading to a mostly pleasant Easter weekend, with another threat of severe weather moving in Sunday night.