Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 25, 2012
Severe Drought State of Emergency Declared
Drought and high temperatures have led the U.S. Department of Agriculture to declare a state of emergency in our region.
USDA Marshall County Executive Director Donna Culp tells the Tribune-Courier this means farmers can get federal help to protect livestock. The USDA is providing water, allowing grazing on conservation reserve program lands and providing low-interest loans. Unless the area receives heavy rain before the end of the month, 2012 will remain the driest year on record, 15.8 inches below the annual average.