Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri September 21, 2012
September 21 - Looney Tunes Animator & Director Turns 100
Happy 100 Chuck Jones (1912-2002), animator and director of Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas! If you've seen anything starring Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Road Runner, Sylvester, and Pepé Le Pew, you've seen his work. And if not... well then, we can't be friends.
It’s Friday, September 21
Murray celebrates its “Playful City USA” designation tomorrow with a Celebration of Play Day from 10 to 2 at Central Park. Children of all ages can enjoy supervised and independent play, ranging from geocaching to Lego builds to disc golf. Admission is free.
The Purchase Area Master Gardeners Association celebrates the 2012 harvest tomorrow morning with a display of vegetables. Enjoy a taste-testing of fresh produce and learn about different methods of cultivation. The event lasts from 9 to noon at the demonstration garden located on Coleman Road.
Murray State University hosts “Fall on the Farm” tomorrow from 9 to 4 at Pullen Farm. The event helps children who have not grown up in the agricultural community learn where their food comes from and see the impact of agriculture on their daily lives. Admission is $5 per person, and free parking is available at Murray Elementary School.
See more community events at wkms.org, where you can also become a supporter of public radio. Thank you.