Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri February 19, 2010
Sentencing Phase of Trial Begins for Dunlap
Smithland, KY – A jury has begun hearing evidence in the sentencing phase of the Kevin Wayne Dunlap trial. Dunlap pleaded guilty last week to killing three children and sexually assaulting their mother in October 2008. Commonwealth's Attorney G.L. Ovey began calling witnesses after making opening statements Thursday morning. Ovey detailed the crime and showed photos of the slain children. Kevin Wayne Dunlap pleaded guilty on February 9th just before his trial began. The jury can recommend the maximum penalty of death. The proceedings are being held in Livingston County due to pretrial publicity.