Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri February 19, 2010
Sentencing Phase of Trial Begins for Dunlap
Smithland, KY – A jury has begun hearing evidence in the sentencing phase of the Kevin Wayne Dunlap trial. Dunlap pleaded guilty last week to killing three children and sexually assaulting their mother in October 2008. Commonwealth's Attorney G.L. Ovey began calling witnesses after making opening statements Thursday morning. Ovey detailed the crime and showed photos of the slain children. Kevin Wayne Dunlap pleaded guilty on February 9th just before his trial began. The jury can recommend the maximum penalty of death. The proceedings are being held in Livingston County due to pretrial publicity.