Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri February 19, 2010
Sentencing Phase of Trial Begins for Dunlap
Smithland, KY – A jury has begun hearing evidence in the sentencing phase of the Kevin Wayne Dunlap trial. Dunlap pleaded guilty last week to killing three children and sexually assaulting their mother in October 2008. Commonwealth's Attorney G.L. Ovey began calling witnesses after making opening statements Thursday morning. Ovey detailed the crime and showed photos of the slain children. Kevin Wayne Dunlap pleaded guilty on February 9th just before his trial began. The jury can recommend the maximum penalty of death. The proceedings are being held in Livingston County due to pretrial publicity.