Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Explosion at Moonshine Distillery in Marshall County
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri December 7, 2012
Senators-elect Westerfield, Humphries Named Senate Committee Chairs
The Republican Kentucky Senate has completed its shake-up, after announcing new committee chairs today. Among the appointees, the caucus named Senator-elect Whitney Westerfield, of Hopkinsville, chair of the Judiciary Committee, and Senator-elect Stan Humphries, of Cadiz, chair of the Capital Planning Advisory Board.
The caucus re-appointed Paducah Senator Bob Leeper as chair of the Appropriations and Revenue Committee with Senator David Givens as vice chair.
With multiple chairmen retiring and others promoted into leadership, the caucus had many roles to fill, including that of chairmen for Education, Judiciary, Agriculture and Natural Resources.
The full list of Republican chairs are below, with * by new chairs.
- Agriculture *Sen. Paul Hornback
- Appropriations & Revenue Sen. Bob Leeper/ *David Givens (vice chair)
- Banking & Insurance Sen. Tom Buford
- Economic Development, Tourism, & Labor Sen. Alice Forgy Kerr
- Education * Sen. David Wilson
- Health & Welfare Sen. Julie Denton
- Judiciary * Sen. Whitney Westerfield
- Licensing, Occupations & Administrative Regulations Sen. John Schickel
- Natural Resources & Energy * Sen. Jared Carpenter
- State & Local Government * Sen. Joe Bowen
- Transportation Sen. Ernie Harris
- Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection *Sen. Jimmy Higdon
- Administrative Regulation Review Subcommittee Bowen
- Capital Planning Advisory Board * Sen. Stan Humphries
- Capital Projects and Bond Oversight * Sen. Chris Girdler
- Education Assessment & Accountability Review Sen. Wilson
- Government Contract Review *Sen. Sara Beth Gregory
- Medicaid Oversight & Advisory Sen. Givens
- Program Review & Investigations *Sen. Chris McDaniel
- Tobacco Settlement Agreement Fund Oversight Sen. Hornback