Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue January 24, 2012
Senator Kirk Recovering From Stroke
By Associated Press
Springfield, IL – Neurosurgeon Dr. Richard Fessler says U.S. Senator Mark Kirk is speaking and doing better than doctors expected after emergency surgery following a stroke over the weekend. Fessler says Kirk has some facial paralysis and speaks with a slight slur. He says Kirk appears eager to get back to work, though he is expected to remain in intensive care for several days as swelling goes down in his brain. Doctors say he has a difficult road ahead with regaining movement.