Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue January 24, 2012
Senator Kirk Recovering From Stroke
By Associated Press
Springfield, IL – Neurosurgeon Dr. Richard Fessler says U.S. Senator Mark Kirk is speaking and doing better than doctors expected after emergency surgery following a stroke over the weekend. Fessler says Kirk has some facial paralysis and speaks with a slight slur. He says Kirk appears eager to get back to work, though he is expected to remain in intensive care for several days as swelling goes down in his brain. Doctors say he has a difficult road ahead with regaining movement.