Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 30, 2009
Senate Fundraising Deadline
By Lisa Autry
Frankfort, KY – Today is the second-quarter fundraising deadline for Kentucky's U.S. Senate hopefuls. Republican incumbent Jim Bunning has said he would re-evaluate his campaign in July to determine if he stays in the race. WKU political science professor Scott Lasley says a poor showing may signal Bunning's swan song.
You know he's on the record saying he's not going to be outspent again. He frequently cites his only campaign for governor where he was outspent 7 to 1 or something like that. He's vowed never to let that happen again.
Close eyes will also be on GOP Secretary of State Trey Grayson, who is raising money by way of an exploratory committee. On the Democratic side, Dr. Lasley expects Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway to out-perform Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo.