Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue June 30, 2009
Senate Fundraising Deadline
By Lisa Autry
Frankfort, KY – Today is the second-quarter fundraising deadline for Kentucky's U.S. Senate hopefuls. Republican incumbent Jim Bunning has said he would re-evaluate his campaign in July to determine if he stays in the race. WKU political science professor Scott Lasley says a poor showing may signal Bunning's swan song.
You know he's on the record saying he's not going to be outspent again. He frequently cites his only campaign for governor where he was outspent 7 to 1 or something like that. He's vowed never to let that happen again.
Close eyes will also be on GOP Secretary of State Trey Grayson, who is raising money by way of an exploratory committee. On the Democratic side, Dr. Lasley expects Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway to out-perform Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo.