Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
KY Senate Budget
Mon March 12, 2012
Senate Begins Budget Negotiations
Kentucky’s General Assembly session is winding down, but budget negotiations are just beginning for the state Senate. The House passed their version of budgets for all three branches of state government last week. But Senate Budget Chairman Bob Leeper says that doesn’t mean his side will be able to act quickly on the plan. Leeper says the Senate will compare three separate budgets: Governor Steve Beshear’s original proposal, the House’s changed plan and the last two-year budget. Leeper says the Senate is at least two weeks from passing the budget. The Paducah senator says it’s too soon to say what changes they may make. But Leeper says there will be changes, and he hopes they’ll play well in an eventual conference committee with the House.