Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 5, 2009
Senate Approves McConnell Ag $$$
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell says his $8.5 million dollar request for agriculture research and development projects in Kentucky has been approved by the senate. The request includes a $300,000 appropriation for the Murray State University Breathitt Veterinary Center, an animal disease diagnostic laboratory that services the region. Most of the funds will go to the University of Kentucky to construct an Agriculture Research Service. The funding now awaits consideration by a House and Senate conference committee.