Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu January 17, 2013
Sen. Rand Paul: Israel Trip Was to 'Cement Relationships'
U.S. Sen. Rand Paul says his recent trip to Israel mission was meant to prove he is an ally of the Middle Eastern nation. Many pro-Israel groups are wary of the senator, because of his calls to reduce foreign aid.
But Paul says a bankrupt America is less of an ally to Israel than if Congress slightly reduced foreign aid payments. Paul’s father, Ron Paul, the former U.S. representative and Republican presidential candidate, also had a frosty relationship with pro-Israel groups. But the senator says he learned a lot from his trip and worked to solidify his relationships with the U.S. ally.