Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 17, 2013
Sen. Rand Paul: Israel Trip Was to 'Cement Relationships'
U.S. Sen. Rand Paul says his recent trip to Israel mission was meant to prove he is an ally of the Middle Eastern nation. Many pro-Israel groups are wary of the senator, because of his calls to reduce foreign aid.
But Paul says a bankrupt America is less of an ally to Israel than if Congress slightly reduced foreign aid payments. Paul’s father, Ron Paul, the former U.S. representative and Republican presidential candidate, also had a frosty relationship with pro-Israel groups. But the senator says he learned a lot from his trip and worked to solidify his relationships with the U.S. ally.