Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu January 17, 2013
Sen. Paul Supports Allowing Educators To Carry Weapons
Kentucky’s junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul says allowing principals and teachers to be armed could be an effective preventive measure to make schools safer.
Sen. Paul told a civic group in Frankfort yesterday he doesn't see the need to assign armed guards to elementary schools. But he floated the idea of allowing principals and teachers who have permits to carry concealed guns to bring those weapons to school. He says safety restrictions would be needed, including having the weapons locked up in schools. Paul says it's a state issue and he doesn't have plans to push for federal legislation to arm school staff.