Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Roads & Highways
Thu September 27, 2012
Semi Partially Blocking I-24 in Christian County
UPDATE at 2:49 p.m.: The crash site is clear and both eastbound lanes are open.
Crews have cleared one eastbound lane on Interstate 24 in Christian County following a semi truck crash this morning. The site should be clear in approximately three hours. Both eastbound lanes were blocked when the semi overturned before 7 a.m. near the 72 mile marker. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says traffic was detoured at Exit 65.
Traffic was instructed to exit to US 68/KY 80 Eastbound to Hopkinsville, then follow the US 68 Bypass to the Pennyrile Pkwy Southbound back to I-24. Todd says now that one lane is open, motorists may pass the site, using extreme caution.