Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Roads & Highways
Thu September 27, 2012
Semi Partially Blocking I-24 in Christian County
UPDATE at 2:49 p.m.: The crash site is clear and both eastbound lanes are open.
Crews have cleared one eastbound lane on Interstate 24 in Christian County following a semi truck crash this morning. The site should be clear in approximately three hours. Both eastbound lanes were blocked when the semi overturned before 7 a.m. near the 72 mile marker. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says traffic was detoured at Exit 65.
Traffic was instructed to exit to US 68/KY 80 Eastbound to Hopkinsville, then follow the US 68 Bypass to the Pennyrile Pkwy Southbound back to I-24. Todd says now that one lane is open, motorists may pass the site, using extreme caution.