Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Roads & Highways
Thu September 27, 2012
Semi Partially Blocking I-24 in Christian County
UPDATE at 2:49 p.m.: The crash site is clear and both eastbound lanes are open.
Crews have cleared one eastbound lane on Interstate 24 in Christian County following a semi truck crash this morning. The site should be clear in approximately three hours. Both eastbound lanes were blocked when the semi overturned before 7 a.m. near the 72 mile marker. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says traffic was detoured at Exit 65.
Traffic was instructed to exit to US 68/KY 80 Eastbound to Hopkinsville, then follow the US 68 Bypass to the Pennyrile Pkwy Southbound back to I-24. Todd says now that one lane is open, motorists may pass the site, using extreme caution.