Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu November 8, 2012
Secretary of State Receives Recanvass Requests for Third, Seventh District Elections
The Kentucky Secretary of State’s office has received recanvass requests for two western Kentucky state races. Third district Democratic State Senator Joey Pendleton has asked for a recanvass after he lost to Republican Whitney Westerfield by just under 300 votes. Seventh district Republican House candidate Tim Kline lost by an even smaller margin of just five votes.
Kline was up against Democratic incumbent John Arnold. Secretary of State spokeswoman Lynn Zellen says county boards of election will perform all requested recanvasses next Thursday.