Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 8, 2012
Secretary of State Receives Recanvass Requests for Third, Seventh District Elections
The Kentucky Secretary of State’s office has received recanvass requests for two western Kentucky state races. Third district Democratic State Senator Joey Pendleton has asked for a recanvass after he lost to Republican Whitney Westerfield by just under 300 votes. Seventh district Republican House candidate Tim Kline lost by an even smaller margin of just five votes.
Kline was up against Democratic incumbent John Arnold. Secretary of State spokeswoman Lynn Zellen says county boards of election will perform all requested recanvasses next Thursday.