Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu November 8, 2012
Secretary of State Receives Recanvass Requests for Third, Seventh District Elections
The Kentucky Secretary of State’s office has received recanvass requests for two western Kentucky state races. Third district Democratic State Senator Joey Pendleton has asked for a recanvass after he lost to Republican Whitney Westerfield by just under 300 votes. Seventh district Republican House candidate Tim Kline lost by an even smaller margin of just five votes.
Kline was up against Democratic incumbent John Arnold. Secretary of State spokeswoman Lynn Zellen says county boards of election will perform all requested recanvasses next Thursday.