Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu November 8, 2012
Secretary of State Receives Recanvass Requests for Third, Seventh District Elections
The Kentucky Secretary of State’s office has received recanvass requests for two western Kentucky state races. Third district Democratic State Senator Joey Pendleton has asked for a recanvass after he lost to Republican Whitney Westerfield by just under 300 votes. Seventh district Republican House candidate Tim Kline lost by an even smaller margin of just five votes.
Kline was up against Democratic incumbent John Arnold. Secretary of State spokeswoman Lynn Zellen says county boards of election will perform all requested recanvasses next Thursday.