Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon September 19, 2011
Secretary of State Hopefuls Debate Tonight
By Phillip Bailey
Louisville, KY – Kentucky Education Television will host the candidates for secretary of state on Monday night in a discussion about voting rights and business filings in the state. Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes and Republican Bill Johnson are vying to succeed incumbent Elaine Walker, who was appointed by the governor earlier this year. The two have sparred over whether homeless people should be allowed to register to vote, but the debate is expected to reach into other issues as well. Grimes and Johnson will face off at 8 p.m. eastern and 7 p.m. central time. The program has already hosted candidates for state treasurer and agriculture commissioner.