Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon September 19, 2011
Secretary of State Hopefuls Debate Tonight
By Phillip Bailey
Louisville, KY – Kentucky Education Television will host the candidates for secretary of state on Monday night in a discussion about voting rights and business filings in the state. Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes and Republican Bill Johnson are vying to succeed incumbent Elaine Walker, who was appointed by the governor earlier this year. The two have sparred over whether homeless people should be allowed to register to vote, but the debate is expected to reach into other issues as well. Grimes and Johnson will face off at 8 p.m. eastern and 7 p.m. central time. The program has already hosted candidates for state treasurer and agriculture commissioner.