Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri May 8, 2009
"The Secret Life of Girls" at Market House Theatre
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – This weekend and next, Market House Theatre in Paducah is presenting Linda Daugherty's play, "The Secret Life of Girls" in its Studio Theatre. The play is an honest look at bullying between teenaged girls, a phenomenon that can lead to a host of destructive behaviors; eating disorders, cutting, and premature sexuality. After each performance, audience members have the opportunity to discuss what they've seen with the cast and a professional who's knowledgeable about adolescent issues. Todd Hatton spoke with the director, April Cochran, about "The Secret Life of Girls" and the kinds of positive change it can create.
"The Secret Life of Girls" is playing through this weekend, as well as May 16th and 17th at Market House's Studio Theatre in Paducah. Friday night's show is at 7:30 pm; Saturday's and Sunday's shows are at 2:30 pm. Tickets for the show are ten dollars and are available through the Market House Theatre box office at 270-444-6828 or online at mhtplay.com.