Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri May 8, 2009
"The Secret Life of Girls" at Market House Theatre
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – This weekend and next, Market House Theatre in Paducah is presenting Linda Daugherty's play, "The Secret Life of Girls" in its Studio Theatre. The play is an honest look at bullying between teenaged girls, a phenomenon that can lead to a host of destructive behaviors; eating disorders, cutting, and premature sexuality. After each performance, audience members have the opportunity to discuss what they've seen with the cast and a professional who's knowledgeable about adolescent issues. Todd Hatton spoke with the director, April Cochran, about "The Secret Life of Girls" and the kinds of positive change it can create.
"The Secret Life of Girls" is playing through this weekend, as well as May 16th and 17th at Market House's Studio Theatre in Paducah. Friday night's show is at 7:30 pm; Saturday's and Sunday's shows are at 2:30 pm. Tickets for the show are ten dollars and are available through the Market House Theatre box office at 270-444-6828 or online at mhtplay.com.