Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri May 8, 2009
"The Secret Life of Girls" at Market House Theatre
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – This weekend and next, Market House Theatre in Paducah is presenting Linda Daugherty's play, "The Secret Life of Girls" in its Studio Theatre. The play is an honest look at bullying between teenaged girls, a phenomenon that can lead to a host of destructive behaviors; eating disorders, cutting, and premature sexuality. After each performance, audience members have the opportunity to discuss what they've seen with the cast and a professional who's knowledgeable about adolescent issues. Todd Hatton spoke with the director, April Cochran, about "The Secret Life of Girls" and the kinds of positive change it can create.
"The Secret Life of Girls" is playing through this weekend, as well as May 16th and 17th at Market House's Studio Theatre in Paducah. Friday night's show is at 7:30 pm; Saturday's and Sunday's shows are at 2:30 pm. Tickets for the show are ten dollars and are available through the Market House Theatre box office at 270-444-6828 or online at mhtplay.com.