Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 12, 2012
Second Successful VP Debate Has State Officials Hoping for Presidential Debate Next Time
With the dust settled on this year’s vice presidential debate at Centre College, state officials are praising the work of the school and its surrounding community.
Last night was the second time Centre hosted a vice presidential debate. And while on stage the 2000 and 2012 debates will be seen as polar opposites, praise for Centre has been consistent.
Many are now hoping the school can land a presidential debate in the future. But others, like state Senate President David Williams, say they would be happy with more VP matchups. He says.
“I would settle if they would promise another vice presidential debate, you know I think it’s good. And I think the connection with two vice presidents of the United States having gone to school here is a good connection and I think this is about the right size.”
Centre has applied to host presidential debates in the past, but was not chosen.