Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon August 12, 2013
Second Public Mahr Park Hearing Set for Tuesday
Madisonville officials will host the second public comment hearing Tuesday on the Mahr Park north of town.
The meetings are designed to help the park committee establish a master plan for the 265-acre park donated to the city by the late Glema Mahr.
The city is trying to establish a 20-plus year sustainability plan for the park. Options for sustaining revenue include Kayak and canoe launches on Peewee Lake, but the city is seeking more ideas from the public.
A larger professional-grade disc golf course has been discussed along with a possible RV Park. The Tuesday hearing is at 5:30 p.m. at the First Christian Church on College Drive.